Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Your'e Gonna Miss This...A day in the Life...

     I woke up this morning to news that once would upset me to no end, yet today, I blinked my eyes and shrugged it off. It was important, but not so much that my day was going to be offset by it's fact. I knew that it would most probably happen, and I had already foreseen the how's, why's, and ways to deal with it's inevitable possibility that it would be. I accepted it...
     Before my first cup of coffee, I had been dealt a personal blow. It happens more often that any of us would like, but this time, it had almost no affect on my ego nor my morning mood. I drank my coffee, read my news blogs, smoked my morning cigarette...This day was no different now than yesterday, or the day before. My routine went uninterrupted, my rituals all fell into place, my schedule undaunted.
     The phone rings, as it ofttimes does, just before my morning constitutional, and it is a 'friend in need'. This too is my morning ritual, council and advise to others who found themselves in a pickle of emotions or choices and are hesitant to act upon them. We chat our morning greetings away, get down to brass tacks, I listen intently, they speak openly, we share a common thread of intent and conclusion. Thus goes one or two phone calls every morning, my day begins in service. By the time I am fully dressed, and heading out the door to actively begin my mid morning interaction with the waking world I begin to look for a topic of focus for my personal growth and understanding.

     At my little desk set aside in the office at to place I work as a volunteer manager and receptionist, I sit and read through emails...From here I trade ideas and submit information to other small business owners/managers about marketing, social media outlets, local news and events. More blogs are written, and read from this niche, that have to do with the well-being of others I forget about eating until my stomach grows it's discontent over being ignored, and I notice that it is well into the afternoon hours. Then my phone goes into active mode again...
     By the time I decide on my meal, I will have answered my phone a half-dozen times, all personal or semi-personal calls about choices or technical advise about social media. No job offers, no potential employer call-backs, no calls to see if I need anything. No, I am not upset nor depressed about it, it is my normal day, what I do as council, manager, friend... it is and has been that way for years now. I would hate for that to not be the way, it is my life-line to the outside world, beyond my limitations of travel and physical activities.

     Through lunch, now closer to a normal persons dinner time, I write and sketch out blog entries in my head or on notepads. I chat with whoever is nearby about this-n-that, and ponder who might read my blogs and comments. I begin to polish up my entries...

     I check through emails and social media accounts again, settling in to answer a few inquiries, trade comments with friends, and look into the trending topics to see if they hold any interest for me. I write my blog....
     I write because I am interested in sharing my insight, my opinions, and my knowledge. I write to keep my mind active and my imagination stirred. This is also why I read, and I am an avid and voracious reader of blogs on many subjects. But I write...

     By late evening, I am winding down into my sitting room chair. Facing a TV with the laptop just to the side of me on it's own little table, in reach and at hand, and usually on-line. I eat my dinner, watch bio's or documentaries, sometimes how to shows, sometimes sci-fi. My interests there also varied. I glance at the laptop from time to time, connecting with friends and family who catch my eye in a chat or direct post. The day has been good, normal, in sync with my ritual and routine.

     By mid-night, I quietly slip into bed, aware that tomorrow will bring change, will be different, will fall into step with the march of my life. I smile. I know I accomplished more than I planned on, and now rarely got to bed with regrets. At peace with my world, I begin to dream....

No comments:

Post a Comment